Monday, February 9, 2015

Just breath-taking tonight after that rain … looking…

20150209_4804

….out over Tasman Bay this evening. In fact its the first time in over 17 years that I have smelt that same smell we used to get when living in Cairns FNQ……when the rain arrives quickly…whether its true that it is negative ions or what ever….you can definitely smell it…and its actually a “special moment” because in NZ I’d suggest that event isn’t usual.

Just beautiful lighting…

20150209_4846

...something that was actually replicated about 10 minutes later in Nelson when that rare “refraction effect” took place.

9-02-2015 8-07-31 p.m.

When I was a tad younger the kids used to “hate this light” …because they knew that once it happened, maybe once every 2 or 3 years in Sydney / Cairns …..  Dad wanted us outside “for photos”….but hey I got some of the best “golden hour “ shots I’d ever got of the kids…so try it next time and see if you don’t agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment