Monday, March 29, 2010

What a Week in the South Island of NZ

As an official old chap, this past week has not seen too many posts.

Why?

One major reason really.

IMG_1063 (Custom)

After travelling half way down the Island.......and seeing some sights…..

IMG_1070 (Custom)

……….via Murchison and onwards south…….

IMG_1099 (Custom)

…..via the infamous “Frog Rock”…….all the while experiencing the obligatory end of fiscal year "roadworks" we arrived at our destination.

I have given away this past week my eldest daughter to a man who wants to whisk her away…….forever……...but……….with my wife and I’s blessing.

IMG_1215 (Custom)

Akaroa – the French outpost about an hour and a half past Christchurch was where we were headed.

IMG_1209 (Custom)

Its actually quite  popular holiday spot for Cantabrians.

IMG_1271 (Custom)

And although the night before at Akaroa was absolutely full.......and I don't mean me here......we truly had all four seasons in about 75 minutes.

IMG_1264 (Custom)

Not visible here from my Australian best friends apartment above, was the rain, the lightning and the thunder that we had to endure…….

IMG_1270 (Custom)

After a delightful day....involving the "rehearsal" (which I am led to believe is mandatory now) on a beaut clear....although overcast day....everything went perfectly the next day.

In fact the only complaint was............sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment